I hope it hasn’t appeared too ungrateful, but I reckon I’ve breached blogosphere protocol with my inattention to some very generous and thoughtful accolades. I am most appreciative to shecall.wordpress.com, goodoldgirl.wordpress.com, and stephanielane2012.wordpress.com for recognizing me as a Versatile Blogger; for Steph’s Blog on Fire nomination; ellzey.wordpress.com for the Liebster Blog Award; and finally to carolann66.wordpress.com for the Reader Appreciation Award. Mostly, I’m pleased that there are those that find the view of my world through my viewfinder or laptop keyboard worthy of review. Thanks!
The rules for all of these are similar. If you choose…
- Add a photo for the award you received to a blog post.
- Link back to your nominating blogger in your post.
- Tell us some random stuff about yourself that might not be evident by following your blog.
- Nominate some worthy bloggers for the same award you received and leave them a note linking them back to your award post.
I probably won’t be as wordy as some with my nominations. All of these nominations are for bloggers that, even given my limited blogging time, I still try to regularly view their pages because of either unique content or exceptional artistic skills (or sometimes both). And, I really do enjoy blogs that take me places I either rarely go or never have been. Where possible, I’ve tried to avoid nominating anyone for an award they have already surely most deservedly received. These are in no particular order.
My nominations for the Reader Appreciation Award:
My nominations for the Liebster Blog award (Liebster being German for favorite)
My nominations for The Versatile Blogger:
My nominations for the Blog on Fire:
7 random (or not so random) things about me:
- I am the proud father of two beautiful daughters.
- I have played the trumpet since the age of 12 and own as many trumpets as I do cameras…I think?
- I was very fortunate to have marched in a historically famous drum and bugle corps, Spirit of Atlanta, 1980.
- I hate broccoli.
- I ride a Honda 750 cruiser and, unlike most all the other baby boomer cruiser riders in Florida, I wear a full-face helmet.
- Mad Men is the bomb, but I am still upset that AMC cancelled Rubicon.
- The older I have become, like my photographs, the shades of grey between black and white have taken on more significance.